The Vinton War Memorial
was originally conceived as the centerpiece of an 11.5-acre park that could be enjoyed by the community while honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country during World War II.
The park was completed in 1946 and the two-story brick building known as the Vinton War Memorial was dedicated and opened to the public on August 20, 1948. Initially, it included the town's library, small meeting rooms and the Dogwood Ballroom.
Following an extensive renovation in 2007, the Vinton War Memorial was deemed a premier event venue in Virginia's Blue Ridge and still enjoys that distinction today.